Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
I bet if we tied them together for a tug of war, the SS would win all those trucks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TrailblazerSS said:
Said the TB had an intake, tune, and exhaust. Chris, I assume you would know the TB in question? I highly doubt it.:no:
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. :confused:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
TrailblazerSS said:
Said the TB had an intake, tune, and exhaust. Chris, I assume you would know the TB in question? I highly doubt it.:no:
I don't think any of us should be surprised that the GC would beat a tuned SS, from a dig, given the fact that the GC has a 5spd & obviously a better matched converter..plus the quickest we've gone yet with the tune is only 13.5, when the GC was posted at a 13.2, with those lame test drivers at the mags...I'm sure some good examples and drivers will net some high 12's stock..

I'm going to the track here on Feb25/26, opening up early at Englishtown this year, hope to see some of you guys there..

·
Registered
10 Posts
The only SS to SRT8 run is the very last one right? And that only shows the launch.

I know in the 1st 2 races was a black SS, what was the white truck? Couldn't tell if it was an SS too. If so, it was getting beatup pretty good by the other SS.

·
Banned
70 Posts
srt8 is faster granted no doubt. but under 34k out the door for a loaded ss vs over 45k out the door for a loaded gc srt8 out here in north cali ill stick to my ss and put a few mods and be faster and have over 8k in the pocket.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
NORCALGUY said:
srt8 is faster granted no doubt. but under 34k out the door for a loaded ss vs over 45k out the door for a loaded gc srt8 out here in north cali ill stick to my ss and put a few mods and be faster and have over 8k in the pocket.

Yes, but Stock-Stock, they will kill us...KILL KILL KILL...SRT8 is a solid 13.2, just wait till the summer, they'll be in the 12's with nothing more than B/S done...but they paid ALOT more than we did, you get what you pay for don't you? I would still buy the SS if it were the same money...I hate the GC's interior space, basically it should be a car (uni-body and all!!) IMO

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
NORCALGUY said:
:iagree: My thoughts exactly.:yes:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
538 Posts
TonyGXP said:
Yes, but Stock-Stock, they will kill us...KILL KILL KILL...SRT8 is a solid 13.2, just wait till the summer, they'll be in the 12's with nothing more than B/S done...but they paid ALOT more than we did, you get what you pay for don't you? I would still buy the SS if it were the same money...I hate the GC's interior space, basically it should be a car (uni-body and all!!) IMO
solid 13.2 :rotfl:

One magazine (Car&Driver) reports that number and it's the defacto standard. No way. The next best report from anyone else (Motor Trend, Edmunds, etc) is 13.5. The TB can go 13.9 stock. The SRT-8 is rated 25 more Hp (6%), 20 more torque (5%), weighs 120 lbs. more than an AWD TB (2.5%), and has slightly better gearing. That combination does not add up to a 0.7 sec (5%) advantage.:no:

No SRT-8 owner has made a pass at a track yet. I have asked them to run on jeepsunlimited.com

Here's a couple comments from their forum:

I doubt anyone will actually take their SRT Jeep to the track anytime soon. Drag racing at the track always bring a risk of blowing something.
Yeah, blowing the engine with less than 1000 miles would, well, blow.
No takers yet. Of course once someone runs they will have to live with the number produced, not magazine "estimates".:eek:

Also tells you something about their faith in DCX engineering and build quality.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,196 Posts
TrailblazerSS said:

One magazine (Car&Driver) reports that number and it's the defacto standard. No way. The next best report from anyone else (Motor Trend, Edmunds, etc) is 13.5. The TB can go 13.9 stock. The SRT-8 is rated 25 more Hp (6%), 20 more torque (5%), weighs 120 lbs. more than an AWD TB (2.5%), and has slightly better gearing. That combination does not add up to a 0.7 sec (5%) advantage.:no:

No SRT-8 owner has made a pass at a track yet. I have asked them to run on jeepsunlimited.com

No takers yet. Of course once someone runs they will have to live with the number produced, not magazine "estimates".:eek:

Also tells you something about their faith in DCX engineering and build quality.
When someone finally DYNO's a JEEP SRT8 it is going to have 50 plus horse more at the wheels.I know personally a guy who works with Dodge on the SRT8 cars and he says that 6.1 HEMI is more like 450-460 HP.Also Car & Driver has said it in one of there maggy's with the Magnum SRT8 vs E55 AMG.For the 'MONEY' you can't beat a TB SS and bottom line that whats counts.I'm just glad I'm around for 400+ HP SUV's:)

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
TrailblazerSS said:

I have one, NOBODY LOVES THIS TRUCK MORE THAN I!...but I'm being realistic, so far, wherever I read about the SS & GC, now together, the GC always...ALWAYS has a decent lead in the 0-?? categories..You disagree? I am POSITIVE that some will have their GC's at Englishtown/Atco this spring, and I'll report back..(my results as well, hopefully before and after Vector Tune!)

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
here he is, let the questions begin!!!

well I had to delete the link, but it's on another SS forum, I wonder if he's a member here as well?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
TrailblazerSS said:

just found out the tbss that lost has the Vector & a custom 3" exhaust:duh: ....hope that helps you understand what your desperately trying to deny?

I want to be faster, but I believe what I see.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts