Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cracked fuel tank

I have a crack at the neck of the tank where the filler hose connects, there is no recall on this part and it is a common problem GM now wants $750 for a tank now, two years ago it was $500 since this is the second time it has happen and they admit it is a "Defective Part"

·
Registered
11 Posts
The thing about the Owners manual is they aren't ALWAYS there. Say you buy your vehicle used from a private seller. Even dealerships don't always, actually infrequently if they bother, find one to put in a used vehicle. So having a forum to go to what you can ask these little things and talk about what's going on with your vehicle is nice, but not if you have someone saying sometime l something asking questions about silly information that is listed in your owners manual. That was just RUDE!

·
Registered
754 Posts
When customers came into my shops for fuel pump replacement, I would ask them how low they let their tanks get.

Most always answered that they drove until the Low Fuel light came on.

Allowing the level to get below 1/4 tank is damaging to the pump. The pump NEEDS gasoline covering it at all times to cool it and lubricate it's bearings. I won't allow any of my Fuel Injected engines to get below 1/4 full for that reason.

I'm cheap and dont want to pay a few hundred dollars for a pump module.... plus I hate dropping tanks.

Customers who couldn't be trained to keep their tanks above that level, needed pumps on pretty much a regular schedule.

You can't make me angry by slapping my face with money.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts