Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last three weeks I have seen gas prices in Louisville, KY go from $1.50 to $2.49. Can't believe they have gone up a buck.

I am in the energy industry and they are talking gas prices shouldn't go above $3.50 this summer, and anything over that would be a shock. So, as if the $1 increase the last week isn't enough, it will take a $2 increase to shock Wall Street. $3.50+ would finish off this economy and would devastate the US.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't worry too much about high gas prices. If it gets too high, the current administration will just send us all another stimulus check. :bonk:
Touche!

The problem with all these stimulus checks are I'm only 26 and will be paying for them for the next few decades, and so will my kids. I consider it a interest free loan for now....:woohoo:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,834 Posts
We just broke the $2.00 point. Last week it was $2.03. I was hoping it would stay below that, but, oh well.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,019 Posts
I am soooooo Happy my TBSS isn't my Daily Driver.. MY Grand Prix gets 27MPG highway and 18MPG City. Even with the new Tune my TBSS got 16.5MPG Highway and about 12MPG city.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
540 Posts
mass is going to be taxed the most in the country soon i think were looking at $.19 state tax and then the federal gov. is going to add there own tax :sadcry::nono::hopeless

we are at $2.22/gal

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
64 Posts
well guys and gals its 95 cents a litre up here in the great white north ,so its almost 4 bucks a gallon if i have my math right (not my strong suit)so i think your doin ok .

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
It's going up in anticipation of Memorial Day weekend. The Secret Masters of Oil Prices (SMOOP) do a test run-up in prices to see how much demand falls off. If it doesn't fall off enough, they know they can stick it to us this summer, after families tell the kids they're going to Disney instead of the local water park. ;)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,248 Posts
Welcome fellow Louisvillian...

I watch the prices here pretty carefully. I manage a fleet of vehicles, and we're filling something up every day. Prices here in the city raise right before payday (Friday) and drop by Tuesday, only to repeat the cycle. They also go up for special events like the Derby. They jumped about 30 cents this year, just because people were in town for the event.

Now, they're up because we're running "summer gas" (at least that's the excuse we heard on the local news), and after that, the price went up again (40 cents yesterday) because oil raised by a couple of bucks.

I keep recalling Obama's words (pre-election) when he said that $4 gas wasn't a bad thing, except he thought that the price went up too fast to be comfortable. I'd say that he is out of the loop and cannot fathom what $4 gas does to the average working Joe and Jane in America.

When GETTING to work costs us 20% of our paycheck that is too much for us to survive, and the recession was largely fueled (pun intended) by the price of gas before the election. People that had to choose between getting to work or loosing their home (and making a ton of other cut-backs) chose getting to work.

I still expect to see above $3.50 this year, and I wonder just who will get the blame now that George Bush is no longer in the White House... :rolleyes: He was an easy target, but he's gone -- along with almost anyone that identified with him. Its gonna be interesting -- and a tad frightful, IMO. :tiphat

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
3,736 Posts
Welcome fellow Louisvillian...

I watch the prices here pretty carefully. I manage a fleet of vehicles, and we're filling something up every day. Prices here in the city raise right before payday (Friday) and drop by Tuesday, only to repeat the cycle. They also go up for special events like the Derby. They jumped about 30 cents this year, just because people were in town for the event.

Now, they're up because we're running "summer gas" (at least that's the excuse we heard on the local news), and after that, the price went up again (40 cents yesterday) because oil raised by a couple of bucks.

I keep recalling Obama's words (pre-election) when he said that $4 gas wasn't a bad thing, except he thought that the price went up too fast to be comfortable. I'd say that he is out of the loop and cannot fathom what $4 gas does to the average working Joe and Jane in America.

When GETTING to work costs us 20% of our paycheck that is too much for us to survive, and the recession was largely fueled (pun intended) by the price of gas before the election. People that had to choose between getting to work or loosing their home (and making a ton of other cut-backs) chose getting to work.

I still expect to see above $3.50 this year, and I wonder just who will get the blame now that George Bush is no longer in the White House... :rolleyes: He was an easy target, but he's gone -- along with almost anyone that identified with him. Its gonna be interesting -- and a tad frightful, IMO. :tiphat
I predict that now that his president is in, Soros won't artificially raise the gas prices like he did over the last couple of years... and right before the 2004 election...

Mike

·
Registered
540 Posts
the rules state # Due to poor response to such threads, political, racial, and/or religous threads are NOT ALLOWED. If found, these threads will be deleted and infractions leading up to a ban may occur. maybe we should steer away from the political subject

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
3,736 Posts
the rules state # Due to poor response to such threads, political, racial, and/or religous threads are NOT ALLOWED. If found, these threads will be deleted and infractions leading up to a ban may occur. maybe we should steer away from the political subject
I'm sorry to have offended you... I took out the puppet comment, but gas prices have been, and are used as a political tool to get the people to react a certain way... It is a simple fact that Soros started the BIG speculation on oil prices the last 2 times.

Mike

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm sorry to have offended you... I took out the puppet comment, but gas prices have been, and are used as a political tool to get the people to react a certain way... It is a simple fact that Soros started the BIG speculation on oil prices the last 2 times.

Mike
not offended jus dont want n e one getting into trouble. and you are very right

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.