Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Trail Blazer LS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my ECM last week due to multiple issues of it shorting randomly shutting the truck down with code P0606 and P1680. After I replaced the ECM, the truck seems to be running much better and haven't had any issues with the truck stalling. I got the ECM from a junk yard, and the only issue I am noticing is that the gas gauge is working backwards. When the tank is full it reads empty, and moves backwards. Is this a sign that the junk yard ECM is going bad also. I only got it from the junk yard because I needed one now. Just wondering if I should go ahead and order a re-manufactured one online, or just deal with the backwards gas gauge function.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
134 Posts
Does the gauge seem reasonably accurate, just moving backwards?

My experience with those gauges is that the stepper motors die, then the gauge goes crazy for a minute, and then stops working altogether.

If you're in there replacing the stepper motor for the gas gauge, replace ALL the steppers, and the dash light-bulbs too.

Replacement stepper motors are cheap and (moderately) easy to install. The replacements seem to be improved compared to the originals. I got mine from an eBay seller. Six steppers, and a fistfull of dash light-bulbs. I didn't install the bulbs, and regret it now--two burnt out not long after I put the dash back together.

·
Registered
2004 Trail Blazer LS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the gas gauge is accurate. just moving backwards. It is still working just fine, and it only started after the ecm was replaced.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
134 Posts
I can't help with that...that's new to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts