Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, i was wondering why and is there anything i can do to keep my gas from burning up so quick. it is basicly when i hit the gas pretty hard. and i know it burns up more but, it seems like the gas gage goes down faster than it should. is there anything i can do to keep it from doing that?

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
32 Posts
If it is a subconscious thing you might find comfort with a mpg app. I felt that way after switching to an SUV, but the Mpg app keeps me straight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cool. And I haven't changed the plugs in about a year :/ but I changed the filter about a month ago. Is there something that I can add to the fuel?

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
476 Posts
HI, i was wondering why and is there anything i can do to keep my gas from burning up so quick. it is basicly when i hit the gas pretty hard. and i know it burns up more but, it seems like the gas gage goes down faster than it should. doing that?
????????????????????????????

Sorry, but have you read your post?

The way internal combustion engines work is by burning more fuel when you accelerate faster (push the pedal down).

Slower acceleration "not" hitting the gas hard will ensure your gas gets used less = better mileage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand what your saying but it seems like such a drasic amount is lost...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
I Had The Same Issue

HI, i was wondering why and is there anything i can do to keep my gas from burning up so quick. it is basicly when i hit the gas pretty hard. and i know it burns up more but, it seems like the gas gage goes down faster than it should. is there anything i can do to keep it from doing that?
I had the same issue with my '05 TB so I threw on a K&M air filter and started using a fuel additive and I have noticed more than a subtle difference in my gas mileage...It may not work for everyone but it worked for me, which is a good thing, considering I have a 3,200 mile trek to Maine ahead of me! I can use all of the gas mileage I can get!!

:)

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
32 Posts
I had the same issue with my '05 TB so I threw on a K&M air filter and started using a fuel additive and I have noticed more than a subtle difference in my gas mileage...It may not work for everyone but it worked for me, which is a good thing, considering I have a 3,200 mile trek to Maine ahead of me! I can use all of the gas mileage I can get!!

:)
What additive did you use?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
The needle on the level coming down fast isn't a true indication of the mileage, have you done a recent MPG calculation? - You may find the mileage hasn't gone down, you're just driving more.

Our trucks as indicated run around 5,000 lbs with driver on board and a few items. I've done everything that could potentially aid mileage, short of an engine/tranny swap. In around town (suburban with some traffic), I run around 17.3-17.6, depending upon weather. Get on the highway and it's around 22-23 mpg at speeds above the limit to keep up with traffic. (Keep it under 65-70 and I can pull off 25 mpg on reasonably flat or rolling hills). BUT that's with a Tune, Intake, Exhaust, e-Fans and synthetic fluids all the way around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts