Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Not sure if this is a real issue or not, but just want to get it covered with warranty if it is. Basically, every once in a while when I go to start the SS, I turn the key and there is a second or two gap until the motor actually turns over. Doesn't sound like it is struggling or anything, just doesn't do anything for a second. It has happened once after sitting over night, and once after paying for gas, so it's not like it only happens when the vehicle is hot or cold. Any ideas? Should I get this checked out before it gets worse?

Thanks!!:raspberry

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Very likely to be a dying ignition switch contact assembly. Only $20 in the aftermarket and easy to change (since it doesn't involve the key cylinder), so don't pay a hundred buck deductable if you have one to get it fixed. High failure rate item.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I figured after doing some reading. I will do some searches, but is there anywhere with some steps to follow for changing it out?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*SIGH* Looks like I have a few other things to deal with now... the volume control on the steering wheel now changes volume AND source, and the CEL came on... I hate electronics when they go wonky :bonk::sadcry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts