Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
can you get a pic of the wires that you cut into for the highs? im installing this and wanna get it right

It is all taped up and sealed. Just look at the wire color diagram, its pretty easy. The wires are THIN, but don't worry too much of you cut the wrong one, it can simply be joined back.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
well we are looking for where to tap in, you said to take the battery out and there is a dark green/white, and a light green/ black, we see those 2 wires at a plug. we just want to make sure that we attatch to the right wires, we dont want to have to follow wires all the way from the headlights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
this is right next to the fuse box under the hood. were trying to figure out if those are the 2 wires your talking about for the high beams, or if we just need to follow the wires from the bulbs back

EDIT : we got the battery off and have access to the harness unterneath

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok, we got it, sorry for the multi posts, we were just trouble shooting while installing. Just so everyone knows, there are TWO light green/black wires in the harness, we connected the wrong one first and the lights didnt work, and then switched it to the other light green/black wire and it worked, so it would have been easy if we just choose the correct wire the first time, but its a 50/50 chance of it i guess

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeh, I know, Ive been a Lurker forever...but just now came upon some play money...that, and I've only had my Trailblazer for a year, I joined before I owned one. I guess this is the easiest mod to do...you gotta crawl before you can walk and so on...

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
970 Posts
Yeah,i prefer lurkers over noobs anyways,they generally are smart,ask meaningful questions and dont hijack threads,whereas noobs are usually...retarded.

Mine should be in soon,but since im not trying to clear traffic with them,i will be hooking them up to my auxiliary lighting on my bumper,so they will not be nearly as bright.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
3 Posts
I got the Galls Traffic Backer the other day and the old man and I are putting it in tomorrow. Should be interesting after looking at all the damn wires coming out of the control module:drool. Hopefully ill get some pics and put them up. I like it alot better than the front wig wags, and the one i got does the brake and reverse lights at the same time.:woot:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
50 Posts
I used this Flasher for a Couple of months I found it to Work Just Fine But I wired mine A Little Different, I put it under the Hood Constantly on and Ran a Seperate Power Wire to my Carson SC-1022 Worked like a charm and No Huge Box inside the cab!!! Nice Install Looks Clean Too...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
If you are concerned about messing something up, or like me, just hate cutting factory wires, you can use a headight harness extension for your install. Just splice the HLF wires into the extension, and then plug the extension in between your factory wiring and headlights. That way down the road, you can pull it back out and it's like it was never there! I found an extension on Ebay for $15 for a pair...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9006-Hipro-Power-Headlight-Bulb-Harness-Wire-Connectors-/190495475573?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Trailblazer&hash=item2c5a6a4775&vxp=mtr

Good luck!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
Here's my problem, the flasher unit that I have only has two wires, blue and yellow, for each side of the high beam. Of course there is the white wire (12v), green wire (ground), a red wire (12v Switch), and a black wire (parking lights) for nighttime disable. The diagram shows only to cut one wire and splice the blue wire to the driver's side and the yellow wire to the passenger's side. In this thread, you referenced two separate wires. Can you explain the wiring diagram in detail about those two wires in the harness? Does each wire power each high beam? Or does one wire power the low beams and one wire power the high beams? I had this flasher unit hooked up in my Ford F-150. It was a one wire cut with the blue wire spliced in to the driver's side and the yellow spliced in to the passenger's side.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts