Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in another thread but I think now it was in the wrong place.

I am learning a lot from the site, so thanks in advance for all the knowledge bestowed. :tiphat I understand I have the G80 Dif option. I basically understand how it works from the posts on Utube. But how do I get it to engage? The video looks like it showed the wheel slipping - the driver let off of the power (no gas) - then reapply the power and the rear dif should lock. Is that right or is it completely automatic and it won't matter what I do to it?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
When one wheel turns faster than the other, and I do not remember how much different, the G-80 will lock up. You need to do nothing. However DO NOT get one wheel on dry pavement and the other in dirt and floor it. You might break something very expensive. All this happens below 20 mph or something close to that.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
314 Posts
Welcome to the site

Welcome to the site.Use the search to find out more on the G80 and other issues too. Springbuck:cool:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
It's 100 RPM, and under 20 MPH. Best to not let it happen at high throttle settings.

Here's a video of me in a hill climb when it engages a couple of times when I had two wheels with zero traction. If the rear locker engages, the rear axle slows way down, and through the action of the transfer case, the front wheels also slow down. That's how you can see the action of the locker reflected in the front wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts