Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just an FYI for any TBSS owners thinking about swapping out a 6 disc bose premium stereo to the TBSS Bose navigation unit. First and foremost It CAN be done. I posted a thread a week ago after multiple dealers telling me that this cannot be done due to software and wiring issues. I currently own a 06 SS 1 "base package" and just put a 09 SS 3 "premium package" touchscreen navigation unit in and it works just fine. The GM techs are not aware that the TBSS stereos are interchangable as long as they are from the same stereo package. The stereo package info can be found inside the glovebox on the parts identification card. Sorry, im not sure about all the stereo codes out there but my code and the prior TBSS navigation owners stereo code were both UQA. The install was done at a local audio shop and all the wiring was universal. No additional wiring requirements were needed it was all plug and play. From my understranding the TBSS was wired to be capable for any additional factory upgrade off the assembly line. Once the stereo was installed I drove over to a chevy dealer to have the theft lock deactivated. The stereo was reprogramed to my TBSS with a tech II scanner wich took a whopping 3 minutes to do. Once again, every thing works fine no problems at all. Just keep in mind the swap was from TBSS to TBSS not from another GM vehicle. Other GM vehicles can have different bose systems and may not work. So after that long ramble the moral of the story is YES you can swap stereos from one TBSS to another. If anyone says otherwise there full of CRAP becuase I just did it. Hope this helps anyone curious of trying it. Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
2,251 Posts
:crackup:

LOL I HAD the BOSE 6 Disk changer. 4 days after I bought the SS, I had a JVC double din head unit (touchscreen!!!), Infinity speakers, my old 10" sub and two amps installed. I couldn't handle the BOSE krap. So I can pick on them too. :D

I also found out some interesting info about the BOSE systems in vehicles while I was at it. Dunno if I wanna post it on this forum though as it'll most likely ruffle some supporter's feathers. :yes: I've learned to be tame on this forum (compared to the other one I'm on)... :raspberry

·
Registered
2006 chevy
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not the biggest fan of BOSE myself but the factory nav stereo blows the doors off the basic 6 disc unit I had. I am truly amazed between the difference in sound quality. I decided to keep the trucks interior as stock as possible, learned the hard way not to modify too much with the audio. I lost my butt on the sale of my last car, the buyer wanted the stock audio look not aftermarket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.