Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 gmc envoy sle xl. What fuse number is the rear window defogger and fuse number for trailer hitch? Are they the same fuse? I have installed a LED trailer hitch cover light and it worked temporarily and then quit. Also noticed rear defogger in back window quit working also. Any help would be appreciated. The owners manual is somewhat confusing.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,390 Posts
The fuse for the Rear Defogger is in the rear fuse box fuse #3 (30A), and the trailer power fuse is in the underhood fuse box fuse #32 (30A). The two fuses have no interaction that I can see. You may have a broken circuit trace in the rear window.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The fuse for the Rear Defogger is in the rear fuse box fuse #3 (30A), and the trailer power fuse is in the underhood fuse box fuse #32 (30A). The two fuses have no interaction that I can see. You may have a broken circuit trace in the rear window.
I may have been subjected to an old wive's tale about those heater traces on the rear window.

Do you know - or even suspect - that the heater resistive traces are part of the receiving side for the FOBs - in that it might be their antenna?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts