Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 TB LS 2wd. I checked a few of my fuses and I think I may have damaged the harness that the fuses sit in because 3 of my fuses (the O2 sensor, the dash lights and the air conditioner) will not fit snuggly into the harnes and when I hit a bump they dis-engage and cut out. I've tried multiple times to bend the fuses to get them to make contact, but nothing is working. Any advice?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
40 Posts
You did not say which fuse box you opened, but from the description of the 3 functions you lost it sounds like the one in the engine compartment. The engine compartment fuse box has an inner cover that looks like it is held on by four hex screws. These screws actually hold the wiring harnesses to the fuse box. (The inner cover just snaps off the screws-a described in the owners manual) If you tried to take out the screws the wiring harness connector drops out. There is one connector for each screw.

If this is what happened you have to separate the section holding the fuses from the bottom of the case covering the harnesses. There are five clips holding the two together. Two in front, two on the driverside, one on the rear, and one on the passengerside toward the front. Seperate the fuse section and you can feel each connector, back off the screw push up the connector and retighten the screw. All functions should return.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts