Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was think of buying ,
A. New hood with built in Functional hood scoop.
B.The tape on Hood Scoop.

A. I want to hook up a ram are intake to the back of the hood scoop running it into the intake. Of course with a air filter.

B. Cut through the Stock hood, put on the tape on Hood Scoops (Mod them so they are functional) Then complete same as A.

What do you think is the best route to go. New hood with scoop built in
$500+, Tape on's $125.

Just looking for some advice as I think this would really help out.I really don't think we are getting a supercharger tomarrow so......

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,282 Posts
Sure the tape ons are only $125. But if you really want them to be functional, that tape might as well not be there. You will need to add time and expense to that for measuring and cutting of the hood and the scoops. You probably want to fiberglass them onto the hood. Also you will have to build a tunnel on the underside of the hood to get the air directly to the intake. And then paint. It all adds up. And what if you mess something up? Gotta buy it all and start all over. Ouch.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,019 Posts
I love the one on the far left. If I ever have any damage done to mine I'll get that one for sure. Who makes them?
The far left is a stick on... You can get it off Ebay, it looks clean cause the mounting tabs are internal and hidden..

I have the 2nd one from the left...

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,019 Posts
justblazen, isn't that a scott cheely hood on yours? sweet......that's my next big mod.
Yup thats Scott's Hood.. Great hood Put together well.. You will need hood struts to use it.. Also make sure you get 1/4" rivets cause the ones that come with the Struts are too short.

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ltz
74 Posts
i like the ss style

:Di personally want the keystone, but the cost is holding me back, shipping to pr cost the same as the hood, but i will buy it when i get the money cuz my hood has some rust and is cracking underneath, instead of fixing id rathe add some power and pizzaz.

the others are nice, didnt know anybody made other styles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.