Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 03 trailblazer 6cyl had a fuel smell when the vehicle was parked most noticeable when parked in the garage. Drove me nuts trying to find the source. No visible signs of gas. No Codes. Thought it was the fuel pump leaking or the gas tank neck based on that being a common problem. Turned out I had fuel leaking from the fuel pressure regulator through the vacuum line into the plastic intake housing that has Vortec written on it. Replaced the fuel regulator problem solved.

·
Registered
21 Posts
On my 03 trailblazer 6cyl had a fuel smell when the vehicle was parked most noticeable when parked in the garage. Drove me nuts trying to find the source. No visible signs of gas. No Codes. Thought it was the fuel pump leaking or the gas tank neck based on that being a common problem. Turned out I had fuel leaking from the fuel pressure regulator through the vacuum line into the plastic intake housing that has Vortec written on it. Replaced the fuel regulator problem solved.
I had a fuel smell similar to that but it turned out the front driveshaft was rubbing on the secondary air injection pump and the rear was rubbing on the evap lines. Drove me nuts but no more vapor issues

1 - 2 of 2 Posts