Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my Fuel Pump Assembly (05 XUV) as the gauge sending unit finally failed, and I am outside the extended warranty. I read up on the sticky notes for the procedure and ordered BOSCH #67508 from Rockauto. Unit arrived with no filter screen, and instructions that "A new filter screen is required (sold separately). Failure to replace the filter screen will void the warranty." Rock auto does not have a separate filter screen, not the part number for one. Anyone else experienced this issue? Solution?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
628 Posts
When I buy a new pump I also buy the screen, I have the parts guy check that it has one included, or that they can also supply one. If no screen option then buy one from the dealer. On a side note, I have been known to install a new pump and reuse the old screen. I live life on the edge :)

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update

I pulled the original unit out today. There was no separate filter screen on the bottom of the fuel pump assembly. So the Bosch unit matched what was in the vehicle, in spite of the dire warning on the instruction sheet. Implication is that there must be a filter screen built-in to the internals of the fuel pump assembly.
:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts