Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find and replace my fuel pressure regulator. If anybody could point me in the right direction on finding this and what needs to be removed to replace it I would greatly appreciate it. If anybody has some part schematics on this job it would be great. THANKS

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Don't recall if anybody's posted up about this job. I assume you didn't find anything in a search. It's a rare failure.

We use www.compnine.com to get exploded parts views.

A Haynes manual might help, as could an on-line subscription to AllDataDIY.com for your vehicle.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
16 Posts
Roadie,

It may not be as rare as you think. At least, I've had a failure of the pressure regulator as well. I began to notice a smell of gasoline that would come and go, but I couldn't find the source by just glancing around. I finally dug into it and started tracing fuel lines and found the leak right at the side seam of the regulator. A simple fix once the problem was identified.

BTW, I don't think it gets said enough - I really appreciate you and the other folks that take time to read and respond to the questions posted in these forums. I've personally saved hundreds of dollars on more than one occasion because this site gave me the information and confidence to make repairs and do routine maintenance myself. Thank you.

Chris

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1 Posts
no power

i have a 2004 gmc envoy and it has no power cant get
out of is own way the code said clutch fan... that would resolve the hesitation,so i replaced it, and still have the same thing happening no power so now i am told i need a throttle body.. so i tried cleaning it i still have the same problem..could it be the catalytic converter...does anyone have any ideas.. you put the gas pedal to the floor and it dont move thanks joe

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
I recently had the same issues with no power. The catalytic Converter turned out to be clogged. I also burned up the O2 sensors by running it while clogged. I replaced all and problem was solved. But i have been reading that i need to find out why the converter became clogged in the firstplace or this new one will become clogged too.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2 Posts
I recently had the same issues with no power. The catalytic Converter turned out to be clogged. I also burned up the O2 sensors by running it while clogged. I replaced all and problem was solved. But i have been reading that i need to find out why the converter became clogged in the firstplace or this new one will become clogged too.

Your thermostat could be stuck open. Causing rich condition. At least that's what I think happened to mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts