Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles can you drive when low fuel light is on in 2006 Trailblazer?
thanx

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Every one is a little different, and your best bet is to calibrate it yourself. Carry some gas, run out (safely), and then you know. Watch out for running the fuel pump dry, since it's a risk.

I have the 22 gallon tank, and when absolutely run flat out, I pumped in 21.6 gallons. After the light came on, I had driven about 20 miles offroad and 5 miles on pavement, and I usually get 12 MPG under those conditions, so I assume I had about 2 gallons left when the light came on. If you're on pavement alone, and get better than 12 MPG, you should go farther. But no guarantees unless you test your own specific vehicle.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
There are a few things you can try to find out. As soon as the light goes on, go and fill-up. Subtract the gal. put in from what ever the capacity of the tank is. ( 22 gallons?) Or keep a gas can in the back and drive until it is empty. Do you have the D.I.C? Check the Range setting. There is about three gallons left when the light goes on IIRC.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
:eek:fftopic: This has nothing to do with the thread it is in!
If he's trying to make it to the firehouse for a call, then it might have everything to do with it.
:m2:

BTW, I get about 35-40 miles after the light goes on, although i've never run it dry. I have the "18 gal" tank, but did put 18.2 gal in it once....guess I was pretty close to bone dry.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
346 Posts
Gas light comes on at about 20 gallons, so you have 2 gallons left. Safe bet is 25 miles after the light comes on.

Ive put in 22.3 gallons (yeah, I was on fumes!) and run 36 miles past the gas light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts