Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there so I have a 2003 trailblazer in having an issue when ever I get gas it does not want to start 馃槓. It is only when I get gas no other time I have done a little research into it and what I have came up with is the EVAP valve.. has anyone had this issue or have any ideas on this

Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
I think you're on the right track. There have been several discussions about this recently, and aside from making certain that the fuel nozzle is inserted all the way into the filler neck and stopping when the pump clicks off, not trying to get every drop you can into the tank, the evap system seems to be the most frequent culprit. There are a number of good YouTube videos dealing with replacing the components.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I think you're on the right track. There have been several discussions about this recently, and aside from making certain that the fuel nozzle is inserted all the way into the filler neck and stopping when the pump clicks off, not trying to get every drop you can into the tank, the evap system seems to be the most frequent culprit. There are a number of good YouTube videos dealing with replacing the components.
Thanks for your response! I have watched a few videos and am pretty confident that I can change it out myself . And it kinda seems like a process of elimination lol my check engine light is on but just keeps throwing weird codes . And I guess the evap sensor being bad or having issues will do that.

Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
Welcome to the Forum!

Exactly what are the codes that the engine keeps throwing? Knowing those will be helpful in diagnosing exactly what is going on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts