Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
22 Posts
Engine Problems

Hello Guys,
I have a 05 Trailblazer LT with about 39K on it. Today I notice that when I was driving home from work, and I was stopped in traffic, my TB would run ruff. Like it wants to stall, but doesn’t. The RPM's drop below 500, but just for a milosec, and then it goes back to normal. No hard braking, no hard acceleration, no anything special about the TB. Would anybody recommend that I get Fuel System Cleaning done? I live in Houston, and at firestone, they will do it for 89 bucks, but the dealer wants 189 for it. What do yall think? My ears are open to get the problem fix. Thanks :thx :) :thx

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Have you cleaned the throttle body yet? If the engine runs rough when the A/C is turned on the t-body needs cleaning. As for the fuel system cleaning, try a bottle of Chevron Techron or Seafoam first.:m2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
No, I have never cleaned the T-body. It it hard to do? I'm a pretty good car guy, but just affriad of breaking something off. What do you recomend? Cleaning the t-body, or dumping in some cleaner? What do you give cleaning the t-body a hard rate scale? 1-10, 10 being really easy and 1 being super hard that you wouldnt even want to do it? What type of cleaner do i use to clean the t-body with?:m2: Thanks :thx

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
137 Posts
:no: Maybe another good tip is if there is a tanker filling up the station underground tanks, go to another station. A friend told me once that when they are pumping in gas it stirs all the sediment in the tank. I don't know if this is true but it sounds logical :m2:

I might buy that, but there are also filters on the fuel delivery system, so personally, I've never had an issue ever, with any vehicle. Even when fueling up with the tanker unloading.

I used to go to this one gas station years ago when I used to work in Carol Stream and I would be able to tell when his filters needed changing, the fuel delivery from the pump slowed quite a bit.

I have been notorious for allowing my tank to get to fumes. When I change my fuel filter, they're always spotless. I have always said, buy good gas ans you should have no problems. Like my throttle body I just cleaned last week. 81k miles and I really didn't need to. I buy top tier gas and change my air filter regularly.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
No, I have never cleaned the T-body. It it hard to do? I'm a pretty good car guy, but just affriad of breaking something off. What do you recomend? Cleaning the t-body, or dumping in some cleaner? What do you give cleaning the t-body a hard rate scale? 1-10, 10 being really easy and 1 being super hard that you wouldnt even want to do it? What type of cleaner do i use to clean the t-body with?:m2: Thanks :thx
It is easier than changing spark plugs. A spray can of t-body cleaner, some rags and a set of sockets. Check this post: http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=51619

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
BigJohnAZ;780913 I have been notorious for allowing my tank to get to fumes. When I change my fuel filter said:
The t-body never comes in contact with fuel. It gets dirty from blow-by. If the engine is tight enough to keep blow-by down, the t-body will stay cleaner.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks guys, I guess I will be cleaning the t-boday today and not getting a Fuel Injector Cleaning Service done. I hope this will fix the problem. Thanks for everyones thoughts! Thanks again! :thx :thx :thx

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
TB Cleaning

Hey Jostrowski, how did the TB cleaning go? Did it take care of the stalling symptom? I have an '04 Envoy doing the same thing although it will actually stall sometimes but starts right back up. Just waiting for cooler weather before getting under the hood. :cool:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts