Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is much talk about the fuel gauge problem with the Trailblazer on this site. I just want to be sure about my trouble. The gauge is dead it is lying down in about the 6:30 position. Every now and again it will jump arouns to the 5:30 position but just about all the time now it sits at 6:30. I have no other issues with this trouble other than the gauge not working. So what do you think? Cluster issue or sending issue or none of the above. Thanks In advance......:woot:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
111 Posts
I had a 2000 Bravada that did this and it was the sending unit. On mine the fuel pump, and sending unit were all one piece. Does your truck start fine? I am not sure but try to pound on bottom of tank maybe the float thingy is stuck...

I am not a mechanic just giving a suggestion which may not even work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, The truck starts fine,no check engine light and no service light. Just my wife somehow blaming me that her gas gauge doesn't work. And what am I going to do if she runs out gas.I'll try the banging on the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Until it is fixed she could just use the read out below the cluster that tells how many gallons of gas has been used unless yours doesn't have that. This is what I did until I replaced the unit on my bravada. Just make sure to reset it each time you gas up.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
Mine did the same thing before the warranty ran out and they replaced the sending unit/fuel pump and it fixed it the stealership loved me had to go back atleast 3 times cause the cluster went out 2 days later then had a wiring harness issue where they pluged the sending unit in had to replace some pins,... as they always say its always somthing!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah and the unit is a bit pricey at the parts store I paid between $325 and $365 I don't recall exactly but it was around that price range. Did the work in my garage with the help of my brother inlaw and took about an hour to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts