Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How difficult is it to replace the fuel filter in 08 Envoy. Do I have to drop the fuel tank. Also, how difficult is it to change the transmissionn fluid and filter in the same vehicle? I would like to go with Amsoil Synthetic Fluid. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
There's no real filter in 2005 & up Trailvoy's... the fuel pump, inside the tank, has a cover on the inlet, but that's pretty much it.

Most people here just recommend running a bottle of Techron through the tank every few thousand miles and you'll be good.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
87 Posts
There's no real filter in 2005 & up Trailvoy's... the fuel pump, inside the tank, has a cover on the inlet, but that's pretty much it.

Most people here just recommend running a bottle of Techron through the tank every few thousand miles and you'll be good.
Another good additive is Essentialube from Hydrotex. Its nothing new - been around since WWII - but the military and many fleet operations still use it because it removes anything your fuel system didn't come from the factory with. It does the same for the lubricating system. One ounce per gallon of fuel and two ounces per quart of oil. I keep it in my oil all the time, and run it in my fuel any time I put in fuel from a source I'm not familiar with or in doubt about.

John

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
5 Posts
Additive...

Another good additive is Essentialube from Hydrotex. Its nothing new - been around since WWII - but the military and many fleet operations still use it because it removes anything your fuel system didn't come from the factory with. It does the same for the lubricating system. One ounce per gallon of fuel and two ounces per quart of oil. I keep it in my oil all the time, and run it in my fuel any time I put in fuel from a source I'm not familiar with or in doubt about.

John
This sounds like Z-Max... :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts