Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an evap code P0442 which I thought was due to a bad fuel cap (old one had a cracked O ring). Replaced it and light was out for a couple weeks. Light came back on recently. Also around the same time I was smelling fuel after filling as if I had spilled some, but I hadn't.

Long story short I found that my filler hose or neck is leaking right where they are clamped together. The hose is also kinked there (been that way since I got it) which has made it a little harder to fill up at times. Well, this is the last straw, so time to replace the neck and the hose.

Problem is, Compnine is down so I can't find the part numbers there, and the only part numbers I have found on here are for the EXT models as in the sticky above. Anyone have the part numbers for the 02 SWB with the 18 gallon tank by chance?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Surely I'm not the only one who has had a fuel filler neck issue on their 02.

I'm beginning to think I should download all the TB diagrams from Compnine whenever they are back online. Figures that when I need something they go down :bonk:

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Yeah they've been down for a while too :suicide: Seems like they do this every once in a while. I'm just hoping they aren't moving their images around, so all the images people have linked to posts all disappear. That would be bad :hissy:

·
Registered
2004 trailblazer_lt
5,240 Posts
I know there was a tech bulletin on the filler hose because it applied to my 04. The TSB number for the 2002 model Trailblazer is 02016. You can probably find what you need on a DOT/NHTSA website, but you can call your dealer and they should be able to give you information also. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the TSB was only for the EXT models? Heh shows you what I know. I'll go look that one up. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still haven't found the part numbers I need, and now with Compnine shut down for good, well, that makes it that much harder. My fuel fill neck leaks like a sieve when filling the tank now, I leave a nice little puddle behind every time I fill the tank :worried: Gas is too expensive to be doing that with!

I'm going to call a few GM dealers around here and hope that maybe they'll give me the part numbers I need. I just have this bad feeling that they won't because "it is emissions related" and they won't be allowed to give me that info due to some dumb EPA regulations or something equally ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Aha, thanks!

OK, filler pipe, filler tube... Yowch, that's really expensive for a couple pieces of steel and rubber tubing! :eek:

*edit* OK found a used filler pipe assembly for pretty cheap, just verifying that it doesn't have any kinks or anything in it.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SCORE!

Picked up a used fill neck and pipe from an 02 Envoy from Florida on ebay for $38 shipped! Rust free, no kinks, and a heck of a lot cheaper than $220! :woot:

In the meantime, I'm gonna wrap my leaky fill tube with a thousand layers of duct tape to reduce spillage :bonk:

·
Registered
2004 trailblazer_lt
5,240 Posts
SCORE!

Picked up a used fill neck and pipe from an 02 Envoy from Florida on ebay for $38 shipped! Rust free, no kinks, and a heck of a lot cheaper than $220! :woot:

In the meantime, I'm gonna wrap my leaky fill tube with a thousand layers of duct tape to reduce spillage :bonk:

$220.00 for a fuel filler hose? That's crazy. I guess that guarantee's there will be parts available for years to come....cause nobody's going to pay those prices!:hissy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts