Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck sat at the airport for several weeks in the salty northeast and when I returned I noticed the heavy smell of fuel when I began to drive it away. So I am certin its the condition that I received Bulletin 07076 letter for, the leaking fuel feed and return lines.

But because I cannot see the leak its up to the dealer to drop the tank and perform a diagnosis. Someone in the Fuel leak thread mentioned a $150 fuel system diagnosis fee if it turns out not to be due to the issue as exactly described in the Bulleitin.

So my question has anyone had to pay this fee when it turned out to be either a cut fuel line, (not the module or just the tank (some have received the tank as part of this recall, yet it is NOT specified as part of the Bulletin)

My GMC dealer close by seems to be a non trustworthy trpe, but the nearest dealer is many miles away from my workplace so I am inclined to bring it in to him anyway so long as he cant skunk me with a fee

·
Premium Member
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
481 Posts
I've never heard of such a fee. It sounds like they are trying to milk you for two hours of labor for no reason. Give the GM Customer Assistance Center a call at 1-800-222-1020. They can tell you all of the details about that bulletin plus they may appreciate hearing about a dealership trying to screw you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts