Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove from Munising MI to Detroit. Total distance 418 miles 6 hours non stop. I made it on one tank of gas with 2 gallons to spare (fuel light came on in the driveway)

418/20 = 21.9

I did one WOT pull from 55-106. That right there probably cost me a gallon 馃槉. Rest of the trip was cruise control at the speed limit. It was at night time too so I could swear I used the brake pedal a total of 10 times the entire journey. The transmission was also in lockup for the entirety of the trip. If there was a steep hill I disabled cruise and let the car lose momentum up the hill.

100 miles at 65
200 miles at 75
100 miles at 70
15 miles at 55
3 miles in the city.

This is my first time calculating the "ideal conditions" fuel economy.

I usually estimate 8-10 mpg for my real world driving. I also let my car idle wayyyy to much. I really should disable that remote start.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also not to mention I had well over 240 lbs of cargo. Including a full 5 gallon Jerry can on the roof.

Registered
.... and if you keep driving deeper into the less than 1/4 tank level, you'll be buying a somewhat expensive fuel pump sooner than you want to.

Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
Not trying to hijack the thread, but what is the school of thought behind the 1/4 tank comment?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts