Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I haven't tried it, but its claims are beyond ludicrous. Can't possibly work the way they claim, so it's nothing more than a fraud.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
Bear in mind that simple physics are involved in the fuel system. There is no magic juice that will change everything and allow for way-increased performance, shy of radical changes to the entire system.

If it were as easy as a simple additive, we'd already be there and doing that. Especially with the advent of $4.00 gas.

Over my years in the trades, I've seen all sorts of weird stuff come and go -- and so far, NOTHING has made a difference. Acetone, gives some increases for the first few tanks -- I predict that it is merely cleaning the fuel system and after that, gains go away. Same for other additives.

Run a good grade of fuel. Run 87 octane (more power in 87 than in 97!). Keep the system cleaned and tuned. Live with it, or spend a lot of money modifying via head porting, increased compression, race fuel, timing and fuel curves, larger injectors, etc., etc., etc., none of which will give you increased economy.

·
Registered
2008 chevy
422 Posts
the fitch fuel catalyst works! just not the way they claim.............and really doesnt work :D. it is a glorified filter and like the last poast states it helps for about 4 or 5 tanks. it is a little rinky filter that cleans your fuel system a little bit from beyond the point it is placed in the system and since you place it under the hood doesnt do a whole lot. if you want twice the effects of the catalyst at a fraction of the price go to autozone get 3 or 4 bottles of fuel treatment such and add it the next few tanks. now with the 200 bucks i just saved you get a tune caz thats were the bang for buck is at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts