Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I attended the South Meet this weekend, hosted by Culzero. We were talking mods and I mentioned
that I was looking for something very similar to the receiver hitch "bar" TXBlazer had in his.
He was nice enough to sell it to me for a beer.. Even better, it was one of his beers, I just fetched
it..... :woot: :D:D :woot:
I was so excited about it, I stopped at Walmart, at 1:00am, after driving 4 hours back from Houston to
get the locking pin to install it.

TXBlazer could give you the "specs" on it. I know 3 things.

1. Its heavy as hell

2. its made of steel

3. Its black

I dont know what he calls it. I call it the FuBar. As in F-U to whoever rear-ends me next.
Also, I imagine the entire front of their vehicle will be fubared..muhahahahaha

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1,356 Posts
I attended the South Meet this weekend, hosted by Culzero. We were talking mods and I mentioned
that I was looking for something very similar to the receiver hitch "bar" TXBlazer had in his.
He was nice enough to sell it to me for a beer.. Even better, it was one of his beers, I just fetched
it..... :woot: :D:D :woot:
I was so excited about it, I stopped at Walmart, at 1:00am, after driving 4 hours back from Houston to
get the locking pin to install it.

TXBlazer could give you the "specs" on it. I know 3 things.

1. Its heavy as hell

2. its made of steel

3. Its black

I dont know what he calls it. I call it the FuBar. As in F-U to whoever rear-ends me next.
Also, I imagine the entire front of their vehicle will be fubared..muhahahahaha

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
now see...many people just leave the trailer ball on the back to put a nice dent up the hood and small puncture to a radiator...but this..this can push a radiator through the fan shrouds nd hit the pulleys.....hmm...i like the way yu think :coffee

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wish I would have had one a couple weeks ago someone rear ended me while i was inside shopping, now I have a nice crack in the bumper cover.:hissy:

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
it would suck to be the person driving behind you..........but it would definitely teach them a lesson not to follow to close.......:crackup:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it would suck to be the person driving behind you..........but it would definitely teach them a lesson not to follow to close.......:crackup:

That's entirely the point..

I was rear-ended about a year ago in my Dodge Ram 1500. Some kid
in daddy's mustang (truth) was being cool and slammed into me.
Wrecked the bumper entirely. This time around.. the results will be a bit different *evil laughter*.

Again, thanks to TXBlazer!

His design, his production, my TB...:)

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
I like it! A few weeks ago a dude rearended me in a parking lot, I had my ball on (it stays on) and he got a neat little round hole in the front of his honda ha ha , me --no damage whatsoever!:woot::dielaugh::crackup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,667 Posts
:yes: Got the trailer hitch on mine. It actually pushed a PT Cruiser's head lamp up into its cowl. Dude hit me at a decelerating 30 mph or so. Needless to say, the human hearse-mobile needed to be carted away on a stretcher (tow truck).

I always wondered the legality of having a bar like that with some sort of spikes protruding from it. <---Evil

·
Registered
92 Posts
:thumbsup:
Sonicanatidae...

I remember you calling it that :laugh: ... it dose keep the freaking tailgaters off of you.

What I called it was.." the stinger " You stinging the other persons vehicle. :thumbsup:

MMFR

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm curious..

I've had a few people locally ask me where they could
get their own FU-BAR. I also happen to have done some
work for a nearby steel company that could wack out
a couple of these for me.

I got to thinking about my friends here on TV.

Anyone interested in one of these? I have no idea
what the cost would be until I ask them to quote me.
Assuming its reasonable, anyone interested.

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
I'm curious..

I've had a few people locally ask me where they could
get their own FU-BAR. I also happen to have done some
work for a nearby steel company that could wack out
a couple of these for me.

I got to thinking about my friends here on TV.

Anyone interested in one of these? I have no idea
what the cost would be until I ask them to quote me.
Assuming its reasonable, anyone interested.
Ron,
I'll get you a drawing in PDF, and the materials I used......the only critical dimension is the hole for the receiver pin. I'll get something on paper and get it on email to you.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome Chris.. I appreciate it.

I was going to have them use my current as a model, but your
info (as the guy that built this one) would be invaluable.

I'm not looking to make money on these. Whatever the cost
is, I'll add 5 bucks for handling and charge you whatever
shipping costs me. The 5 bucks is for me driving 20 miles
to the nearest UPS store to get them boxed for shipping.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
48 Posts
Actually i belive what you really want is the SuperBumber

essentially its the same thing as that, yet this one has shock absorbing built into it

http://www.superbumper.com/

this is probably going to sound like the guy is paying me to say this but i swear by the thing now, since a week after i got it and put it on, i got rear ended by some high school kid who just got his license...best thing was nothing happend to my car, but oh man his front got F'd up bad. haha

(its dirty i know, :duh:)
you can get it in black, chrome, and a version where you can paint it yourself,
also they have a version that has a ball socket on it so you can still use your towing
but its a fantastic step too

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
624 Posts
haha its so great to see that i am not the only person who leaves their hitch in to kill cars. :thumbsup:

My hitch took out a taurus grill and rad. My vehicle only had a slight scuff from the hood. Hitch actually pushed the rad into the fan before it stopped the car. I got bumped pretty good and ended up getting a new bumper. Her car was toast :D

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
183 Posts
This looks alot like the one I made in the shop at work one long midnight shift. The only difference is I originally made it for my 2000 Grand Caravan and transfered it to my Trailblazer for all the same reasons you guys leave in your receivers. Mine is square galvanized tubing, all welded and I added diamond grate to the top for tranction when I step on it. My plans are to make something similar except I plan to drop it a bit lower than the hitch for more protection. Yours looks good:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts