Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front wipers only work on high and you have to time turning them off so that they lay flat. I thought it was the switch so I replaced that. Same thing. I read that it was the relay so I switched the relay (#42) marked something like "WS/Washer" with the one next to it. No difference. Any suggestions on what else may be causing this issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
289 Posts
If you have a pick-a-part near you just go grab another wiper/motor module. There are a couple of causes but it's usually easier to just try another one.

There is a grease inside that sometimes gets all over the electrical business is one issue.
IMG_20190808_152503.jpg

·
Registered
2007 GMC Envoy SLE
5 Posts
Front wipers only work on high and you have to time turning them off so that they lay flat. I thought it was the switch so I replaced that. Same thing. I read that it was the relay so I switched the relay (#42) marked something like "WS/Washer" with the one next to it. No difference. Any suggestions on what else may be causing this issue?

Thanks
i have the same issue. Was told it’s the motor by my mechanic.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i have the same issue. Was told it’s the motor by my mechanic.
A mechanic would say he'd replace the PC Board and that it'd be fixed. Even Dorman has a "FIX" for it in their list.

It's a common problem and a mechanic would know that.

Mechanics attend a lot of seminars, read a lot of books and magazines of the trade, talks to his mechanic buddies and this has been a hot article for years.

A PARTS CHANGER would sell a whole motor - which contains a reman or new circuit board anyway.

After 55+ years as a mechanic, I resent people who "sell parts".

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
9 Posts

Thanks
it is the grease causing this, it has been posted here before, a symptom is that on intermittent wipe the wipers do not self park and stop erratically during their sweep. Clean the grease off the circular contacts and the other parts that runs around the circle (called a wiper). I have had to do this twice on my 2002 Bravada

·
Registered
559 Posts
It looks like a circuit board isn't available - but Google this part number for a complete motor assembly:

Hold on - editing now for CORRECT part number.....

·
Registered
559 Posts
WELL ----> THAT was enlightening! I cannot even find a new or rebuilt wiper motor let alone a wiper motor module!

I can get rear wiper motors (40-1038) but not fronts!

·
Registered
Chevy Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L)
144 Posts
It looks like a circuit board isn't available - but Google this part number for a complete motor assembly:

Hold on - editing now for CORRECT part number.....
The circuit board is sold separately.
Please see the photo below.
88958307.jpg

However, if you want to buy a motor, then it will be delivered assembled (motor + circuit board)
Keep in mind that the wiper mechanism is different for different years, please check the VIN of your car to buy a suitable spare part.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The circuit board is sold separately.
Please see the photo below.
View attachment 55197
However, if you want to buy a motor, then it will be delivered assembled (motor + circuit board)
Keep in mind that the wiper mechanism is different for different years, please check the VIN of your car to buy a suitable spare part.
What is the part number for the circuit board alone?

·
Registered
Chevy Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L)
144 Posts
What is the part number for the circuit board alone?
Unfortunately, I do not know the year of manufacture of your car. There are cars with and without a rain sensor, for each of them the circued boards will be different. You need to check the details according to the VIN number of your machine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts