Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Envoy. Last time I tried to use the front windshield washer, It came on and stayed on. It wouldn't even shut off when I turned off the key, so I pulled the fuse. Checked with the dealer that I bought it new from and they said that the wiper/washer recall had been complied with and just bring it in and they would check it out. Needless to say it is out of warranty, so I would like to try to fix it myself. Anyone know if the relay that shuts the washer motor automatically is in the washer motor itself, in the control module on the wiper motor, or in the fuse box? Also, would it be possible to plug the wiring from the headlamp washer motor into the front windshield pump and use that switch to wash the front windshield? I don't think I have ever had to use the headlamp washer in the 6 years that I have owned the car. I don't think the problem is a stuck switch, because with the washer fuse out, if I hit the washer switch, the wipers make 3 or 4 passes and shut off automatically just like normal.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Ok I reread the post. The washer contacts and the wiper contacts are not the same but are in the same circuit board under the steering wheel. You might need to replace the unit under the steering wheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts