Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get my front windows tinted and was woundering if anyone knew what % the bavk windows are factory? I was thinking of just getting the front the same as the factory back %? if anyone knows or has tint on there front windows please tell and show me what % and who you like it!

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
I also went 20% and it is pretty close. Mind you I always keep my sunroof open so there is always extra light coming in as compared to if I slid the cover over the sunroof.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help i think i will go with the 20% now but im still concidering going 15%?

·
Registered
34 Posts
IMO 20% would be the way to go. With the rears being 17% you aren't going to get a perfect match either way. Does SC have very strict window tint laws? I've been ticketed 3 times in Iowa for my 20%. $60 per ticket is a small price to pay for the tinted look.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
468 Posts
I got 20% and it matches pretty good but I'm going to get limo pretty soon... $120 for all 9 windows? Not bad...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMO 20% would be the way to go. With the rears being 17% you aren't going to get a perfect match either way. Does SC have very strict window tint laws? I've been ticketed 3 times in Iowa for my 20%. $60 per ticket is a small price to pay for the tinted look.
i think it just dependes on the cop. i just to have 5% all around on my s-10 for a year and a half and never got stoped but i dont want to go that dark again i couldnt see anything at night! the limit here is 27% but i dont know if i can get a way with 20% or not but dont want the tint to be to light cause it seems like a waste of money?

·
Banned
2007 chevy
4,644 Posts
i went to a local tint shop and i told the guy that i wanted my 2 fronts to match my back and he knew what to do. he charged me $50 for both windows and they come with a lifetime warrenty:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,121 Posts
Trust me.. 15% or 20% would probably work best for you. Should cost no more than $50 to do the two front windows. I had the entire truck (less windshield) for $120 with lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trust me.. 15% or 20% would probably work best for you. Should cost no more than $50 to do the two front windows. I had the entire truck (less windshield) for $120 with lifetime warranty.
what % did you do for the whole truck?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
If you want dark tint like lime tint, then get 5% on the front 2 windows, and put 15% over the factory tint.

if you want to just match the factory tint, then i would get 15% or 20% which ever the place you go offers.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I did 15%. I carry some cable equipment in the truck and I like it DARK. I now wish I would have gone 5% on the front windows. The 15% on top of the factory tint in the rear is fine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did 15%. I carry some cable equipment in the truck and I like it DARK. I now wish I would have gone 5% on the front windows. The 15% on top of the factory tint in the rear is fine.
has any cops ever messed with you about your tint and how long have you had the tint on?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Never been bothered by the police, but I also have several friends who are LEO's.

I rode around in this for a few years down here and was only stopped once...5% all around. 12" strip on the shield.

and then there was my Yukon... 15% all around and 50% on the windshield.

and finally from way back when... early 90's.. 5% all around with 10" strip on the windshield.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok well i probably get 15 or 20% all around and deal with the cops later? but i had my s-10 with 5% all around and no one messed with me but that was when i lived in Batesburg-leesville. oh well ill just have to roll the windows down quick!!!:laugh:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
13 Posts
I had one of my buddies do the tint on my Envoy after he checked my back windows and they were 17% he recommended 20% so that it looked at least a little different to a cop so they don't check you because it isn't the same, SD and NE front window law is 35%(where I live). I would recommend this I haven't been bothered once yet by a cop with this theory, on my civic I have 20% over 20% which equals 4% on my back windows and 20 percent on my fronts and I have NEVER been questioned and have had it done for 4 years. I would say to everyone no matter what tint you do make sure that there is some difference from front to back like almost every state law requires. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had one of my buddies do the tint on my Envoy after he checked my back windows and they were 17% he recommended 20% so that it looked at least a little different to a cop so they don't check you because it isn't the same, SD and NE front window law is 35%(where I live). I would recommend this I haven't been bothered once yet by a cop with this theory, on my civic I have 20% over 20% which equals 4% on my back windows and 20 percent on my fronts and I have NEVER been questioned and have had it done for 4 years. I would say to everyone no matter what tint you do make sure that there is some difference from front to back like almost every state law requires. :)
yeah that would probably work as long as they can see a difference from the front and back tint! I would have never thought of it like that:duh:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts