Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here. :)

I have an '02 Envoy that I love possibly more than my husband (just kidding..sort of...) I had a minor fender bender with a little foreign car. This car must have been made with the same stuff that super bounce balls are made from because the car had very little damage. :weird:

My Envoy didn't fair so well. I have some major front bumper and fender damage and the worst thing is something is very wrong with my front end.

So here is what it is doing. The front driver side tire is not turning when the steering wheel is turned. In fact it is parked with the passenger side tire turned out and the driver side tire is still headed straight on.

My insurance company is wanting to total loss it, my husband wants to junk it (aka, let the insurance take my baby away to salvage).

And I just want to cry. Other people don't understand the attachment I have to my Envoy.

Can it be fixed? Should I buy it at salvage price from the insurance and fix it?

I crawled under it and nothing looks bent, broke, or is rattling or loose. Even when the wheel is being moved from left to right, but really, I grew up under Muscle cars that had drive shafts and frames and only one variety of drivetrain no matter who manufactured it.

and with muscle cars if it couldnt be fixed with a hammer or wired up, we didn't need the part anyway... :D

and Hubby is no help :dielaugh:

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked it and it looked okay. Humm... As soon as it quits storming, I am going to see about getting it up off the ground and checking it without the tire in the way.

Its been years (15+) since I have even been under a car. I'm enjoying all the cool things thats been invented and shoved under there since then.

A stability bar would have come in handy on some of the old beaters dad and brothers pulled out of the junk yard and jacked up to play in the mud in. :yes:

Thanks!

Time to call the tow company and take this baby to the body shop!:woot:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Okay, called my brother, he came over, pulled the wheel off.

Tie rod is fine.:worried:

He is thinking rack and pinion also. :(

Either way, its still off to the body shop, cause he refused to pull it apart, said he doesn't know how to work on all this "new" stuff, and I don't have a clue as to what I would be doing.

or maybe he didn't want to pull it apart cause it might be raining buckets and storming. Geez, I have a carport and I offered to buy him a 6-pack... :thumbsup: ..big baby...

Anyway, Thanks for your help everyone!:thx

BTW: I also bent the stability bar just slightly. I wasn't even going that fast... must have happened when I drove over the front clip of that little celica.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.