Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on each side the drivers side and passenger side, where your shoulder blade touches the back of the seat is so noisy when you get up, or press back on it.

i have no idea what could possibly be making the noise in that area

if i bring it to a dealer you think they would be able to fix it?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
If you're determined to pay somebody to do it, I'd recommend you find an upholstery specialty shop instead. If a dealer's tech is trained or experienced in taking seat covers off and fiddling with the springs underneath, I'd be shocked. They'd probably recommending swapping seats out, and you can do a lot better on Ebay than their price for that.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm.. what can a upholstery shop do

i also want someone to take apart the seat and kind of lube everything up

plus how much you think a new seat would go for?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
An AUTOMOTIVE upholstery shop. They know the INSIDES of seats because they see them naked all the time.

Try looking on Ebay or car-parts.com for seat prices. You might find it cheaper to pike a tiny hole in the seam of the seat and spray silicone inside to try to get to the squeak. Like injecting basting into a turkey. Note: this is not entirely a serious suggestion.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i actually know why the back support is noisy because of the lumbar support, but just recently on the cushion you sit on if you push down on it, it makes an awful squeak.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
251 Posts
I rebuilt both front seats in my TB. It was a very frustrating 8 hours for both fronts. Although I'm a pro at it now I could do it in 6. If your mechanically inclined they ar not that bad to take apart, just very tedious.

You can also search car-parts.com for used seats although unless something is broken its probably better to diy or pay someone.

·
Premium Member
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
99 Posts
Not really a Bump

This is an older thread and there are some for seat noise BUT NONE address my issue with a 'screeching' noise as the seat moves back and forth on the rails. Each entry and start 'positions' the computerized leather seats and mine 'screech' as they assume that position. I've tried to spray some silicon onto what appears to be rails and the 'screw' type activator but they still screech.:crazy:

Anyone experience what I am talking about ... OR are there special spots to lube the rails, etc?

Thanks very much for any help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts