Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 5/17 i will replace the drivers side inner axle seal i will post pics of every step i notice some posts on this project bu they where not very good so i will submit a detailed one. :)

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Axle seal install

I started the dis-assembly at 8am this morning the following is how i did it you may want to o it a different way.1st wheel chock in back of rear tire 2nd using a 35mm deep wheel socket i loosened the center axle nut 3rd remove the wheel 4th remove the brake caliper bolts{2}and brake pads 5th lift out caliper and suspend it with a bungee out of the way 6th remove the caliper mounting bracket 7th remove disc 8th there are three bolts holing the hub on unbolt them and remove the hub also undo the hubs quick disconnect clip also using a heavy ball pen hammer whack the axle shaft at its end a couple of times with the hammer i sprayed down the hub with fluid film or blaster where it meets the control arm{I swear by fluid film} removed the hub assembly 9th i also remove the control arm upper ball joint nut bottom ball joint nut an unbolt the tie rod nut some fluid film and a whack with the hammer remove the control arm completely from the vehicle now you have full access to the axle shaft.10TH go underneath the vehicle with a crow bar i wedged the crow bar between the diff housing and the shaft with slight lever it popped right out like it was no thang.11th with channel lock pliers i went behind the seal came out like it was late for school.12th clean up the axle shaft where it will turn in the new seal i installed the new seal with a bar bell as a installer re assembly is easy takes about 30 minutes NOTE Go to a gm dealer for the seal part.It took me about 4 hours.part #1925-7296

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts