Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my first post yay!!!
im trying to remove the axles on my 02 envoy, ive read the threads, roadie posted a good one, "use a BFH and a brass rod" and basically bash until the axle pops out... i've tried a huge crowbar, mallet, etc.. but it will not pop out!
Am I missing something or am I just not hitting it hard enough... alot of trouble to drop the oil pan on these 4x4s, especially since I prob have to replace the engine. oh well I guess I have to revove the axles to do that neway.
Thanks in advance for any help you might provide, Ive relied on this forum for a long time and you guys are awesome

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
604 Posts
did you remove the axle bolt? 35mm

also have to remove brake hardware, hub assembly, disconnect steering knuckle from control arm.

Should just pop right out after.

·
Banned
chevy
1,091 Posts
Unbolt the pinch joint from the upper control arm to the spindle (the one holding the upper ball joint) and let the spindle hang supported by the tie rods. Watch the brake/ABS lines.

The outward force from the spindles hanging will help pop the tripot joints out when you hammer on them.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply, I already had that side of the axle removed (everything on the wheel side, I just couldn't pop it off of the side where it goes into the differential and the housing on the passenger side, I finally just took off the intermediate shaft housing to get the passenger side axle off, and remove the differential housing to get the driver side off since I have to drop the oil pan any way. thanks again for the quick response...
by the way anyone know if you have to take the bar off that attaches to the steering column to drop the oil pan, i dont see any way that the pan can drop w/out removing that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts