Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at a neighbor's 2004 Trailblazer that makes a grinding nose and heavy vibe coming from front right drivetrain area. Rolling along straight and level everything is fine but if turning right and hit a bump just right it starts. Almost a like harmonic vibe that magnifies itself. I've looked at the suspension parts.. everything looks tight, CV shaft and wheel bearings seem to be in good shape. Anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,415 Posts
If you feel that the hubs are OK (no play or roughness), sounds like it might then be the Front Disconnect. This assembly is attached to the rightside of the differential case and is known to have poor lubrication.

·
Registered
12 Posts
"harmonic" vibe... possibly through the steering sytem? Pump maybe if reservoir is low on fluid?

I had a "hum" or slight grinding noise from the front right on my '05 Envoy XL... thought it was a wheel bearing. Dealer said it was the front transfer case shift actuator not fully disengaging - they replaced it and the noise got better (but didn't go away). Took it back and sure enough the wheel bearing (hub) was also bad, as I originally thought. could hear it and feel it in the steering, especially low speed turns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a grinding/scraping noise when turning right but no vibration. It turned out to be the dust shield behind the rotors. After bending them out slightly and removing all the rust the noise went away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts