Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I need your help with what I fear is an escalating problem. Since arriving in Germany four months ago, and subjecting my TB to many twists and turns on the roads here, I've noticed a pronounced "thunk" in the front end when entering curves and hitting bumps. After reviewing way too many posts to count, and replacing my sway bar end links (to no avail), I am at a crossroads as to what to tackle next. The upper ball joint seals are deteriorated (largely dry rot) and I am willing to replace them, but if they are not the source of the thunk, I will put it off (due to my work schedule and complexity of process). I've read about the sway bar bushings...do you think replacing these will help? If so, can you tell me what size I need? I can measure the diameter myself, but to be perfectly honest, I have no idea which rod to measure (pictures here would help)! Is there anything else I can do to diagnose the problem? We have an excellent hobby shop here with lifts and every imaginable tool, so whatever the problem is, I am sure we can conquer it.
Extra information for your review:
2003 TB LT 4WD
92,000 miles

I'm on my third set of tires and ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY TRAILBLAZER! Thank you for this site and for your excellent recommendations!:)

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
My first thought would be sway bar end links, but you say you already replaced them. Have you checked to make sure they are tight enough? What kind did you replace them with? Also, did you check the positioning of the sway bar itself?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My first thought would be sway bar end links, but you say you already replaced them. Have you checked to make sure they are tight enough? What kind did you replace them with? Also, did you check the positioning of the sway bar itself?
I replaced them with MOOG (p/n 6665-8 and even greased them (not knowing that they came pre-lubed). I have checked the torque (74 ft-lbs) and its good. I have no idea how to check the positioning of the sway bar :duh:. Can you give me parameters?

Thx.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts