Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Folks,

I had to replace the water pump on my 02 Trailblazer. I got everything back together, and I had the classic dirty throttle body symptoms after having the battery disconnected - it would almost stall, rpms around 300 after turning on A/C or defrost. So I removed and cleaned the throttle body and replaced plugs while I had the air filter off.

I got all of that done, and I go to drive it around for a few miles for quality assurance purposes...and...I back it out of the driveway and hear this screeching scraping metal on metal sound when I brake. I drive around a bit and find that I hear the same sound when turning sharp. This is not a low rumbly wheel bearing sound... It kind of sounds like a rust corroded bolt when you first crack it and start to loosen it eeeeechhhhhh eeeechhhhhhh.

It only occurrs for the duration of time that I'm braking to a stop or am turning sharply at a low speed.

Any ideas folks? Does this sound like a CV joint issue? Could it be a result of all of the coolant leaking out at the water pump gasket and soaking everything below it in bright green love?

I'm at a loss, and I'm unable to recreate it by bouncing the vehicle up and down or back and forth.

Any insight anyone can provide is appreciated!

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet, I'll jack it up tomorrow and do that. I ran out of daylight tonight. I've owned a few lemons that needed brakes and have done a few brake jobs, and I'd be surprised if it's pads or rotors.. Because I've just never heard brakes make this noise, but I could certainly be wrong and I'll investigate in the daylight. Thank you for the reply. Any other ideas welcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts