Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer, and have thought for a while about converting the front end from '02 to maybe an '06 without the bowtie covering the headlights. This conversion would include a new bumper, grille, and headlights. I've looked at both front ends and think its possible but I don't wanna get the parts and find out that it doesn't work.

Any ideas?...

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
21 Posts
all LT trailblazers had that front end from 06 on. the fenders should be exactly the same and actually the bumper should be the same too or at least pretty close. If you bought the headlights and grill from an 06 or newer (but remember the LS models kept the full chrome bowtie) they should just bolt on. also I believe (but don't quote me) the LTZ was dropped in 06 (or 07) and 3LT was the top trim level. hope this helps

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
all LT trailblazers had that front end from 06 on. the fenders should be exactly the same and actually the bumper should be the same too or at least pretty close. If you bought the headlights and grill from an 06 or newer (but remember the LS models kept the full chrome bowtie) they should just bolt on. also I believe (but don't quote me) the LTZ was dropped in 06 (or 07) and 3LT was the top trim level. hope this helps
Careful......the 2006 and up Headlights are closed lens on the LT, open on the LS & SS. The LT also has a different front and rear bumper than the LS. The 2006 and up LT grille will not work unless you get the 2006 and up LT Front Fascia (bumper cover) which has a dropped center section that the grille fills by extending down into the bumper.

To convert any TB pre 2006 to the LT Style front end, you will have to replace the front Fascia, the grille and both headlights.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Upgraded front and rear fascias

I upgraded my 2005 TrailBlazer LS to an '06+ LT front and an '07 SS rear. It is true that the fascias do "bolt on" but you do need some other parts, either from the dealer or a junkyard. These are the lower front fascia support brackets, lower front valance cover, the step cover/brace for the rear, and the drop bracket off the trailer hitch for the lower rear SS fascia. Other than that, installation is pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
963 Posts
Here's a shot of my stock 06 LT front end:

It's currently in the shop being repaired for a deer strike; I'm going back with a SS front bumper and fogs but keeping the LT grill and headlights like this:

Hope to have mine back later this week.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
Conversion

Hey every one I need some help I currently repainted my 2005 lt tb and I purchased 2007 ss front and rear bumpers I have a few questions and would really appreciate it if some one can direct me to the exact parts I need my bumpers are on with zip ties for right now what brackets or clips do I need for the front and rear bumper? And any one know where I can find some decent but cheap after market projector fogs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts