Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Front Differential Noise?...with video

Wife complained of a whining noise while driving. First thought was wheel bearings, as the noise is worse when turning left and practically disappears when turning right. The wheels seemed pretty tight. Lifted the vehicle all around and shot this video. The front wheels aren't turning and this is supposed to be automatic 4wd. Going to take a closer look after work today, but wondering if anyone can hear anything obvious in the video.

Edit: I can't seem to get the video to embed, so her's the direct link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSaoPO6kWV0&list=UUj7ii0HQhQH-NnFUVXfIA-w&index=1

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Disconnect Housing Broken

Got into this further today and turns out it was my disconnect on the passenger side. Was cruising along taking it out (thanks to plenty of help from this forum) but the housing broke and is stuck. Plan of attack for tomorrow is to drill out the remaining housing or tap what is left and try to pull it out with bolts in the holes.

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, the broken piece of this housing is stuck. I can't get it out after tapping holes and pulling and prying. Considering leaving the disconnect off and just using this as 2wd for now. If I pull the front drive shaft out and drive as is will differential fluid leak out the passenger side of the front center axle?

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts