Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Parts numbers?

Roadie, may I ask where you accessed this diagram?
Hi everyone, I´m new in your excellent community, Could you please tell me the part numbers for #3 and # 7 parts. I cannot find them at the link posted by "the roadie". Sorry but I´m not too friendly with computers.:eek::rolleyes:,
Thak you in advace.
Regards
Carlos

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
I had my oil changed the other day, the mechanic stated one of the boots, had split, and was throwing grease. I bought a two piece boot, and replaced it on the vehicle. Works great. I have replaced both wheel bearings, but still have a rumble noise. While we were replacing the boot, I noticed a lot of play, out of the axle shaft, coming out of the right front axle. You could wiggle it up and down, quite easily. The driver's side, is stiff, no play at all. So I guess this is the axle disconnect problem. Doesn't look hard to replace, but those darn things are expensive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had one with no play and didn't feel bad when in the air, but when the weight of the vehicle was on it, the noise was horrible. And I misdiagnosed which was the bad side because it didn't do the typical "make more noise when it's on the outside of the turn" thing. Thought I'd never misdiagnose something like that, but I did. :eek:
Me too. Had similar issues. After second left wheel beering failure from auto parts store, lifetime warranty both time so I decided to install two new moog bearings and the problem went away...... for three months. Then the left side went out again making growling noises and I thought rear differential, front differential, transmission. I then got back in there to check the wheel bearings again and low and behold the left front bearing was bad. I got two new ones and tried to figure out what was causing the failures but I couldn’t. That was two years ago and about 30,000 miles later and not one issue with those bearings. This was all pre lift too. Since then it’s been lifted and been all over the country. If I had it to do over again I would have put acdelco bearings in and been done with it.
I guess the moral of the story is DONT BUY CHEAP PARTS

21 - 25 of 25 Posts