Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Trailblazer 323,000 miles. It's been a great car only routine maintenance issues.

However, I have a problem with Passenger Side CV,

Feb 2016 I replaced CV Shaft as it was rattling around had worn right through the bearing, honestly the boot was not tore up and the CV joint didn't seem loose. I replaced Bearing, Seal & CV Shaft.

June 2018 CV Passenger Side shaft release from inside Front Axle Disconnect Actuator, flopped around and almost fell out of car soon as releasing Axle nut. I replaced Front Axle Disconnect (Part $450 was lucky undid bolts and if pulled off no prying or breaking parts of oil pan) and CV Shaft again.

October 2019 it failed CV shaft released from inside Front Axle Disconnect. Fortunately only looks like it tore up Seal, all Bearings seem ok, Lots of grease still in unit.

Has anyone had this problem? Am I not getting it locked in enough with the snap ring? I push it as far in and try pulling back out.

O Reilly keeps warranting the CVs even though I think the CV Joint is OK but the engine side tip of the spline is warn. I'm tired of this problem...

Confused??? Appreciate any ideas....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts