Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my bumper became unglued. I used the very high-strength plastic glue from Autozone and it lasted for a few months but came off again.

What is the best way to reattach the bumper to the support?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
I'd also like to know. Is this a common problem on factory or aftermarket bumpers? Or both?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
826 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
4 Posts
I just purchased a SS and I have the same problem, I'm going to try some JB Weld.:confused:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
259 Posts
Silicon is the best solution.it has a good adhesion to the bumper, but you have hold it intact after applying atleast for 2 hours

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
9 Posts
Had the same problem on my 2008 Trailblazer LT. Did some VERY mild off-roading and the clip snapped and the bumper cover sprung out about an inch. I'm gonna give the Permatex a try. BTW- I also had my engine manifold crack at 50K miles. Paid $500 to have it replaced then found out Chevy will cover it for 10 Years or 120K miles for any owner. They certainly don't build em for 4 wheeling like they used to.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
157 Posts
I had the same problem. The body shop use a plastic weld/ glue from Lord products called 143. Or somthing like that.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
anyone know what the boxes on either side on the inside of the bumper cover are called? my right one is cracked and the left one came off so I need a new right and need to reattach both

1 - 11 of 11 Posts