Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am referring to part #15147253 and #15147254. I have been looking for a post on how to change them out due to mine being mangled up pretty bad. Can anyone point me into the right direction please? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
17 Posts
Front Bumper Facia Mounts

Looking for some help in figuring out how to properly mount the front bumper cover/facia. Mine is loose just underneath the grill and from what I can find, it looks like I'm missing 4 rivets/bolts that go across the top just under the grill.
If anyone has p/ns or links to sites, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

05 TB EXT LS with driving lights

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
76 Posts
I had to replace the power steering cooler on my '06 Trailblazer this summer and had taken the front bumper cover off. With taking the bumper cover off, I pulled the passenger's side bumper cover mount off the inside of the bumper cover, leaving the mount block on its mounting pin on the frame.

After replacing the power steering cooler, I used a heat gun to clean off the black silicone on the inside of the bumper cover and the mating surface of the mounting block. Someone's crappy work previous to my owning of the truck was evident with the misalignment of the mounting block and all of the black silicone I had to clean off. I used a two-part epoxy to put the mounting block back on to the inside of the bumper cover and put the mounting block in the exact stock spots. After 24 hours, I mounted the bumper cover and plugged in the fog light wiring in to the bulb housing. When looking at the finished job, I noticed that the front bumper cover looked straight and not crooked like I was used to seeing it. I fixed someone's hack job by remounting the mount block correctly.

If you (the general public or O. P.) are wanting to reset the mounting blocks on your vehicle's front bumper cover and the mounting blocks are reusable, use a heat gun to loosen all glue and clean off all mating surfaces. Use a two-part epoxy to re-glue the mounting blocks to the inside of the front bumper cover, to the exact stock spots. Let cure for 24 hours or longer, then reinstall. If the mounting blocks are not reusable, get new or used mounting blocks, use a heat gun to loosen all glue and clean off all mating surfaces. Use a two-part epoxy to re-glue the mounting blocks to the inside of the front bumper cover, to the exact stock spots. Let cure for 24 hours or longer, then reinstall.

Stand back in awe at the correct alignment of the bumper cover and how much better it looks compared to before!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts