Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi to all,
not sure if I'm doing this right or even in the right forum but I'll try.... I have a 2006 TB Lt, I have replaced the front brakes, front rotors, front wheel bearings with hubs and abs sensors, replaced all brake fluid, even rotated the tires. I have disconnected the abs sensor from the front hub assembly ( to eliminate it as a problem) but I still have a hard shimmy, feels like a warped rotor, when I hit the brakes, there is no noticeable shimmy while driving only, when brakes are applied. can anyone help resolve this problem.

even though the prefix claims this is solved I still need help. 6/16/2013

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
40 Posts
Since you have replaced everything and that didn't fix the problem, I would suggest having the rotors looked at again. I'm no expert but it does sound like a warped rotor symptom to me.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
767 Posts
How about the rear brakes????

I have had brand new rotors that were warped right out of the box.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies so far, to address some of them, This is the second set of rotors, the rear brakes are fine, the rims have never had any damage to them, and had new tires not long ago, the slider pins work well, I recently put anti-seize lubricant on them.
The whole problem started when I had a outer cv boot go bad, slinging grease all over, had a slight brake issue, a real light shimmy (felt like a warped rotor). Replaced the half shaft cleaned everything put it all back together the problem was enhanced, replaced the rotors, replaced all brake fluid, cleaned everything again. SAME problem. replaced the wheel bearings and hubs, problem got much worse.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
21 Posts
Thanks for all the replies so far, to address some of them, This is the second set of rotors, the rear brakes are fine, the rims have never had any damage to them, and had new tires not long ago, the slider pins work well, I recently put anti-seize lubricant on them.
The whole problem started when I had a outer cv boot go bad, slinging grease all over, had a slight brake issue, a real light shimmy (felt like a warped rotor). Replaced the half shaft cleaned everything put it all back together the problem was enhanced, replaced the rotors, replaced all brake fluid, cleaned everything again. SAME problem. replaced the wheel bearings and hubs, problem got much worse.
Did you track down the issue? I have a very similar issue, and I am about to change the front pads/rotors...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
front end shimmy??

Yes I did get the problem resolved, as it turns out it wasn't the front brakes at all, I took it to a local mechanic and it stumped him for a couple hours too. then he put on a lift and tried the BACK brakes. apparently I had a very bad back rotor, the inner support webbing had rusted away and the outer walls of the rotor had collapsed leaving some high spots. he said it was a first for him. so raise the rear wheels off the ground put it in drive and hit the brakes it might just surprise you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks powerfreak I wish I had done more homework on the back breaks probably would have fixed the problem myself and saved some $$$$$.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
21 Posts
Looks like my issue was just the front pads and rotors needing to be replaced.

No more pulsing/shaking during braking now.

:)

I did find lots of suspension parts needing to be upgraded (tie rods, front sway bar bushings, and shocks/struts)...guess that is next weekend to eliminate the sloppy/floating ride...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts