Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK....I know this topic has been beaten to death...I have searched and didnt find any threads that have been resolved.

Like many of you, I have flaking of both bowtie emblems. I removed the gold part of the back bowtie, and underneath lies untouched chrome bowtie. PERFECT! Exactly what I wanted.

On the front...I did the same thing. Except under the gold part, there is only an ugly tin foil looking bowtie. I am not going to leave it this way.

I have found tons of bowties online, silverado, equinox, colorado, tahoe etc etc...

Not any options for a 2008 Trailblazer LT.

I DO NOT want to pull the whole thing off (the base)..and vinyl wouldnt be an option (ill try to post a pic later as to why)... Any other options?

Has anyone had success with another "model" bowtie fitting on the front "base"?

Thanks in advance! :undecided

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
426 Posts
I painted my bowtie, but I have an '03. Can't you separate the gold from the chrome, paint them both, then glue them back together? If you do, I recommend waiting at least 4 hours and letting them both dry away from humidity before appling clear coat. I didn't and I had to re paint. Also don't use clear coat intended for model cars on your bowtie.....it turns orange in the heat......which reminds me, I need to get some clear coat, and prefferably a new bowtie.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.