Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Front Axle/Differential Seal New Part Number?

I have searched through several posts to find out the seal part number I need for my 2004 Trailblazer EXT 4wd. The seal I need is the front axle drivers side outer seal. The part number that always comes up in the searches is #12471618. When I went to the dealer and gave them that number they said it was an old number. He said that the new part number is #19257296? Can someone confirm that this is the new correct part number? Here is a picture of the seal that a need to replace:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1447&d=1221967684

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
6 Posts
Make sure its right. I did the work twice cause the dealer gave me the seal for the passenger side, which is smaller. Oh and i'd recommend doing all 3 on the front diff at the same time. Each time i did one the other went a couple months later. The seals are cheap and if you're doing the work yourself then you know if you get all 3 you will surely have the right one in hand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's why I am asking on here first. I called two dealers and they both said the same. I want to do this tomorrow but want to make sure I have the right part first?

Make sure its right. I did the work twice cause the dealer gave me the seal for the passenger side, which is smaller.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
438 Posts
That's why I am asking on here first. I called two dealers and they both said the same. I want to do this tomorrow but want to make sure I have the right part first?
Somewhere around here, if you search, you will find the exact part number. Ive never replaced mine but I bookmarked it just in case. :m2:

Correction, I just found it by fishing through the thread. The drivers side outer differential seal is part #14271618 and a lot of useful info can be found Here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe you did not see the first post but I already stated that I had that part number from searching old post. That was not my question. Hopefully someone else can chime in, thanks

Somewhere around here, if you search, you will find the exact part number. Ive never replaced mine but I bookmarked it just in case. :m2:

Correction, I just found it by fishing through the thread. The drivers side outer differential seal is part #14271618 and a lot of useful info can be found Here.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The part number that always comes up in the searches is #12471618. When I went to the dealer and gave them that number they said it was an old number. He said that the new part number is #19257296? Can someone confirm that this is the new correct part number?
Maybe you did not see the first post but I already stated that I had that part number from searching old post. That was not my question. Hopefully someone else can chime in, thanks
Im sorry, I swore you asked somebody to confirm the new part number.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, that is what I am asking. You just confirmed the old part number. Dealer said that the new part number is #19257296. I was hoping someone can confirm that this new part number has replaced the old part #12471618? Thanks

Im sorry, I swore you asked somebody to confirm the new part number.

·
Registered
438 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
I had to pick up a new seal from the dealer today. It had part #12471618 on the sticker and the invoice. Just FYI :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
I had to pick up a new seal from the dealer today. It had part #12471618 on the sticker and the invoice. Just FYI :)
OP - you got your answer. Either part number works.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
I know this is a couple years too late but for future reference you can now get the same seal from SKF. Seal #15618

1 - 11 of 11 Posts