Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the second time, the driver's side window controls in my 2004 Envoy SE stopped working. And for the second time I gutted it and found a fried circuit board! :mad:

So two questions:
  • Why does this keep happening? Water maybe? GMC thought it would never get a raindrop on it?
  • Should there be a fuse blowing when this happens?

Fortunately with more than a few bucks and eBay, I know how to fix it. I just want to know how to stop it!

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,239 Posts
GM has done a recall on 2007 (I believe) and up for an updated Drivers Door Module (DDM). Don't know if those are same as in the 2004.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
46 Posts
When the DDM fails does it take the power locks and window controls with it? Just had this happen to mine Friday morning. TIA Vince

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep Vince, the whole thing goes out. Easy replacement, but from what I've read you want used. A new one will have to be programmed by the dealer before it will work. You can easily pop the module out by prying it up - if it smells like burnt toast, you've found your cause.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
22 Posts
The recall started 7/24/13, the same day mine fried on my 06 TB. That was the last straw for me. After replacing a transmission (49k miles no power train warranty pre 2007), starter, water pump, fan clutch & fan, and fuel leveling unit I drove it straight to an Acura dealer and got an MDX.

Good luck, gang. I'm selling 4 factory 16's with used rubber, then I'm out. :tiphat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts