Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found out what the noise was that was coming from my car today. It's worse than I thought, and I have a video that shows the issue.

From what I see, it's the water pump. When the engine is on, the pump moves and when it does it makes the noise I hear. I'm happy I know what the issue is, but I'm worried about how long this is going to take to fix.

I'm glad tomorrow is my last final so I don't have to drive much. I assume that driving with this issue will cause more damage and probably make the pump come off? If someone reading this is a mechanic or knows quite a bit about cars, and the water pump, can you tell me if driving with this problem will make things worse?

Link to video: http://youtu.be/_dVl5_dEn1Y

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
That's the bummer about water pumps - can go after that stage anytime. I've tried things like aluma-seal but not good for the rest of the cooling system. Just replace asap. I have heard that same sound from a tensioner pulley. So I'd take the belt off real quick and feel which one is loose.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tomorrow I have an appointment with my mechanic, I'll have him check it all. I strongly feel it's the water pump though because it's the only thing that is out of place and makes noise when it moves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts