Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sounds stupid but for a while i thought it was my fan cluch going bad but i was under the hood wiggling everything and couldnt find any thing that could appear as something that would make noise. I thought maybe the heatshield rattling a little, well as i was putting down the prop i was sliding it in to the plastic holder and noticed how it was hitting on the fan shroud. I took some of that pipe insulation and wrapped that short portion and used electrical tape to hold it in place(this is just temp to see if it was the problem). Noise gone!!!!! if yall are like me that noise will drive you crazy. Hope this helps someone. Heres a picture of what i did temp to fix the problem Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Family car

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
something must be bent on yours- or missing
does your hood rod--- have a piece of plastic that it gets snapped into- when the hood is closed? this keeps it nice and snug.

that padding looks pretty thick- and it leads me to believe you dont have the clip that holds it in place.
I went down and looked at mine-- and the rod sits nicely- about 1/2 cm from the fan shroud.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
do you have the clip on the far left....?

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
i also just noticed, your AC line-- is all metal...
mine is black and or has a cover on it.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine does have the plasic clip and holds the bar snug but for somereason my shrod is like right up against it (its not bent and yes it has clip, would of known something like that.)...and i have no idea y my ac line is all metal...hmmmmmmm..seems all factory though.:undecided Auto part Motor vehicle Engine Vehicle Car

Vehicle Auto part Car Engine

Vehicle Auto part Motor vehicle Engine Car

Auto part Engine Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ohh and the reason the padding is so thick is because i just grabbed what i had in garage to see if that was the problem i didnt actually go buy it or would of got something a little less in diameter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.