Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometime over the summer, my 5 year old left a crayon on the fabric seat. It is now completely melted to it. Does anyone have a remedy to remove this? I'm sure someone out there with a little kid has had a smiliar problem. Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
When our son was little the same thing happened to us in our car - (88 Cavalier Wagon)

I used a carper stain remover and it removed it. This was 16 years ago, and I believe the seats were scotch guarded from the factory. (He's in college now....)

I'm sure it can be removed. There are products out there that remove wax, etc.

Good luck.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
728 Posts
Take an hot iron, with a cotton cloth, put the cloth over the crayon then place the hot iron over the cloth, it should melt the crayon and the cloth should be it up out of the carpet, but its needs to get to that melted or liquid state again, and it should soak into the cloth

maybe also get on crayolas website and see if they have any "how to" s on removing crayons from fabric.

ps. I dont have kids, but many years detailing of soccer mom vans lol

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
Take an hot iron, with a cotton cloth, put the cloth over the crayon then place the hot iron over the cloth, it should melt the crayon and the cloth should be it up out of the carpet, but its needs to get to that melted or liquid state again, and it should soak into the cloth

maybe also get on crayolas website and see if they have any "how to" s on removing crayons from fabric.

ps. I dont have kids, but many years detailing of soccer mom vans lol
i would have to agree hot iron.. or maybe same process but a steam cleaner...

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,408 Posts
How to remove Crayons (Regular) from carpet and upholstery:

Cleaning Materials
Sponge
Paper towels
Dull knife or metal spoon
WD-40® (car part lubricant)
Liquid dishwashing detergent
Small stiff bristle brush
Amodex® ink & stain remover

Stain Removal Tips
Scrape excess crayon off with a dull-edge knife or metal spoon. Spray with WD-40 and let stand a few minutes. With a small, stiff bristle brush work crayon stain and wipe with paper towels. Respray with WD-40 and apply liquid dishwashing detergent on the sprayed area; work in with the brush and wipe stain away with a damp sponge. If stain remains, repeat the procedure. For another method, use any brand upholstery cleaner as directed on the container.

(Optional)-Amodex® ink & stain remover

PROCEDURE: Use according to directions on container.

Purchase Amodex by calling 800-624-7367 or visit www.fahrneyspens.com.

Please Note...
The suggestions for removing stains have been compiled as a service to our consumers. We are unable to guarantee or be responsible for the results obtained by these procedures. You may also wish to consult your local cleaner for further recommendations.

Before attempting the stain removal method, test each procedure on an inconspicuous area of the material or surface to be cleaned. Please be advised these stain removal methods involve hazardous products and are intended only for adult use. Crayola does not recommend children attempt these procedures.

In many procedures, specific brands of products are recommended. These are brands that performed most effectively in our laboratory. Always check individual containers for recommended procedures and warnings. Competitive brand products may work equally well.
This is from Crayola's website :cool:

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
728 Posts
Your welcome, not a problem at all, let us all know how is comes out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts