Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
GM didn't invent this ...

GOTTA LOVE GM!!!:woohoo:
GM didn't invent this differential. Eaton did! GM is simply a middle man, marketing this device as an accessory to the end user.

GM Sucks. They have good products, but their customer support is dismal.

-- Dan Meyer :coffee

P.S. What's up with the screwy sideways video ????

·
Registered
71 Posts
GM didn't invent this differential. Eaton did! GM is simply a middle man, marketing this device as an accessory to the end user.

GM Sucks. They have good products, but their customer support is dismal.

-- Dan Meyer :coffee

P.S. What's up with the screwy sideways video ????

I am pretty sure no where in my post did i say that gm invented it. I simply was saying that you have to love GM because they are the only one with rights to it.:duh:

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
I am pretty sure no where in my post did i say that gm invented it. I simply was saying that you have to love GM because they are the only one with rights to it.:duh:
Then you could have saved Dan some time by reflecting that in your original post.

Mike

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well it appears that for about $450 and a lot of labor you can :D
A place called dans driveline quoted me 500 installed. Also i asked how much to swap to 4.10 gears and a locker they quoted me 1500 installed. I dont think they really know how hard the front is to do.

·
Registered
196 Posts
A place called dans driveline quoted me 500 installed. Also i asked how much to swap to 4.10 gears and a locker they quoted me 1500 installed. I dont think they really know how hard the front is to do.
For a 4wd? or a 2wd? I would like to get a G80 in my 2wd TB.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
363 Posts
So glad I have the G80 option on my truck. It has saved me from some close calls this winter. Many of which happened on the highway.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow 550 just for the parts.:eek: Thats pretty expensive. I was quoted 500 with it installed in the rear.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
626 Posts
i found a complete rear axle with the g80 already installed for $150 on ebay and picked it up and installed it myself, easy to do. make sure if you have 4 wheel drive it is the correct ratio.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i found a complete rear axle with the g80 already installed for $150 on ebay and picked it up and installed it myself, easy to do. make sure if you have 4 wheel drive it is the correct ratio.
Dang man you got yourself a deal. I might have to try that route. One thing you should do if you already havnt, is change the gear oil. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts