Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
155 Posts
Has anyone ever done this. Turned stock fog lights into turn signals with amber bulbs?
I've actually done this on my old car. I put in amber bulbs and rewired the drl's to function through the amber fog lights on my Cadillac Seville sts.

It was to mimic the new cts at the time. I really like the look. I haven't done that in my envoy because I have hid's in my fogs which gives a lot more light!

Frank

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i think it would look badass. only problem is finding a amber bulb in a 880 or 893 to fit in the foglight housing. and do you know if i find a led bulb to fit do i need to run a relay for it blinking. just been doing some reading and its saying you might have to if you use leds.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
213 Posts
I am in now way a professional at this but I did hook up washer fluid LED's to my blinkers on a 98 Dodge stratus. I just tapped into the positive wire for the blinkers and ran the ground to the body. I can't say this would look pretty inside or is as easy to do. I guess it was more of a "couldn't you do it this way"?

Hope this wasn't completely useless. GL!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
I am in now way a professional at this but I did hook up washer fluid LED's to my blinkers on a 98 Dodge stratus. I just tapped into the positive wire for the blinkers and ran the ground to the body. I can't say this would look pretty inside or is as easy to do. I guess it was more of a "couldn't you do it this way"?

Hope this wasn't completely useless. GL!
what does that have to do with this thread?

anyways.....what if you filled the fog light housing with LED strips from a place like Oznium.com???

or you might be able to find LED foglights in amber......look into autolumination.com

or vleds might have some

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
213 Posts
what does that have to do with this thread?

anyways.....what if you filled the fog light housing with LED strips from a place like Oznium.com???

or you might be able to find LED foglights in amber......look into autolumination.com

or vleds might have some
Well they're talking about a way to turn the fog lights into turn signals and the option of using LED's. It seems pretty related to me, just done on a different vehicle. And as cporter posted: "ya i think it would look badass. only problem is finding a amber bulb in a 880 or 893 to fit in the foglight housing. and do you know if i find a led bulb to fit do i need to run a relay for it blinking. just been doing some reading and its saying you might have to if you use leds." it sounds pretty identical to what I had done only not with a fog light housing and/or the use of any other hardware.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
in addition to finding the correct size for the socket and the fog light housing, wouldnt the LED bulbs need some sort of power regulation to make sure they dont stay on? i heard of people using LED's in their side markers, but when utilized, they just turn on and stay on instead of blinking like the halogens... just wondering...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i haven't looked at everything in the wiring on the vehicle yet but i was just going to use the wiring going into the current bulb that is underneath the headlight now so it will come on when the vehicle starts and blink when the turn signal is on. if im wrong someone please steer me in the right direction

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
I bet if you change the sockets for the fogs to the same ones the directionals you can use the same kind of bulb the directionals use

·
Registered
chevy
357 Posts
Don't know if this will help in any way, but I have the 194 5 LED (sometimes called SMD/SMT; same ones many people use in their interior domes) in the headlight housing corner and they light up and stay on at night and blink normally like they should without any load stabilizers. The wire to this corner blinker could be tapped and made to work. I can only speculate though. All I know is my LEDs in my headlight housing corner perform like regular bulbs.:yes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.